1. Nail polish. See below for what I mean. And I can’t stop buying it!!! I need help -_-
2. Shoes. A great shoe makes me feel like I’m on top of the world. Anyone wearing a pair of head-turnin’ shoes automatically wins my admiration. For women, I’m all about a cute flat, a sexy pump or a chic boot. For guys, it’s the GQ dress shoe or the fly sneaker *drools*. I easily have over 100 pair of shoes. Yet, I know there is far more to explore in the shoe world. Ya see, even the most simple of outfits can go from “blah” to “BOOM” with the right shoe. I actually prefer when an ensemble leaves room for the footwear to shine brightest. As I get older, comfort is becoming more of a priority (but not “the” priority). So, when I find a stunner than also makes my feet feel like I’m walking on churned butter? I squeal “THANK YOU SHOE GODS!” (Just kidding….maybe).
3. Jewelry. Especially earrings, rings and bangles. As you may have gathered from #2, I’m an accessory fanatic. My love of shoes is only rivaled by infatuation with jewelry. I love anything with an antique look, shimmer or a tribal/ethnic vibe. I like it cool, corny, classy, gaudy, trendy, classic, cheap and expensive. I love it all! Fun fact: If I accidentally walk out of the house without earrings on, I feel naked, vulnerable and incomplete all day long.
4. Food. I have never understood people who say they aren’t “big eaters.” What does that mean?!? Hopefully it means your stomach is too small to hold a large quantity of deliciousness at once…and you’re extremely sad about it. It can’t possibly mean you don’t get downright giddy when you know a great meal is on the horizon. I especially love dishes that contain rice and am a fanatic for Jamaican, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese and Mexican cuisine; and although I usually avoid it like the plague, a good plate of authentic pasta is necessary on occasion.
5. Anything I can read. What can I say? I love to know shit. If the content is interesting, I will read it. I find that almost anything can be made interesting with the right style. Nowadays, though, I mostly read about food and nutrition, self-improvement, and thought-provoking/uplifting posts on social media and blogs. For great entertainment (and outrage), I also indulge in my favorite columnist, Prudence.